Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Cruise of the Gods

Heather
Limited Member

I was watching Cruise of the Gods the other day, a 2002 tv film starring Rob Bryden, David Walliams and Steve Coogan, set on a cruise ship. It's a fan cruise for an old kids's TV show called Children of Castor.  Anyhoo, it set me thinking about fan cruises, like I've seen adverts for The Archers fan cruises and I thought "would I go on a David Warner fan cruise, if he was on it as well? God yes"

Would anyone else go? :D

November 18, 2016 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Twink
Limited Member
Are you kidding? Why, in my head I already bought tickets! 😂
--

"he makes my heart a cinemascope screen, showing a dancing bird of paradise."

November 18, 2016 at 7:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Susan
Limited Member

Oops, did I miss the cruise? That makes three of us. Four if David Warner actually shows up, lol. So where would our dream fan cruise go? "The Island"? (Shame the movie wasn't nearly as great as the book. I remember reading it before the movie came out and imagining how awesome David was going to be ... and then Peter Benchley inexplicably rewrote the whole thing beyond recognition for the screenplay!) Let's hope it's not headed for an iceberg! What kind of ship would it be? Guess we won't be needing an ocean liner given the number of RSVPs so far, lol. What films would be on the schedule? (Would it be bad luck to watch "Titanic"? Or "S.O.S. Titanic"? "Horatio Hornblower" was a great performance!)

--

"I've gone all furry!"

July 29, 2017 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Heather
Limited Member

He's so sweet in SOS Titanic so even though I think the film isn't great in terms of the Titanic story I think I would have to watch that. Also I luuuurve Spicer Lovejoy so definitely Titanic. Time after Time, a british tv series from the 90s called The Choir, don't know if you've ever seen it? He plays the headmaster of a choir school. What else shall we have? So many excellent performances to choose from! :)

July 30, 2017 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.