Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > David Warner Films > Necronomicon

Eileen
Limited Member

I have watched a lot of David Warner movies over the years.  I have idolized David Warner since I saw him in "Time After Time" back in 1977 when I was 11.  David is both very funny and spine-tingling  sometimes in the same movie such as when he played Evil Genius in Time Bandits.  However, the most disturbing movie I saw him in was Necronomicon two days ago.  He plays an ancient man who needs to remain in cold temperatures because he has a skin condition.  When his flatmate a woman sets a fire his skin starts to flake off.  At that point he peels off his face.  I found it very disturbing because for 37 years I have always thought he is so handsome as well as a very talented actor. 

--
March 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Twink
Limited Member

Pretty much agree that "Necronomicon" stayed with me for a few days. If it was his character or what happens or what ends up happening to the girl I'm not sure, but I felt all weird for a time. Guess that's what they were hoping for, being in the spirt of Lovecraft. (Though not very true to him.)

--

"he makes my heart a cinemascope screen, showing a dancing bird of paradise."

March 16, 2014 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

Twink at March 16, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Pretty much agree that "Necronomicon" stayed with me for a few days. If it was his character or what happens or what ends up happening to the girl I'm not sure, but I felt all weird for a time. Guess that's what they were hoping for, being in the spirt of Lovecraft. (Though not very true to him.)

That's right. Not really true to him. But there's something I must confess: I wished, I could have been the girl in that love scene!! 😁😍😄
--

March 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Twink
Limited Member

Michaela at March 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM

That's right. Not really true to him. But there's something I must confess: I wished, I could have been the girl in that love scene!! 😁😍😄

Hmm, been like that girl? Yes...in ONE respect. ;)

--

"he makes my heart a cinemascope screen, showing a dancing bird of paradise."

March 19, 2014 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

Twink at March 19, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Michaela at March 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hmm, been like that girl? Yes...in ONE respect. ;)

😊😊😊
--

April 19, 2014 at 4:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.