Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > David Warner Films > What was the first film you saw David Warner in?

Dave

I think for me it was either The 39 Steps or John Carpenter's "In The Mouth of Madness", what film was it for you?

--

October 3, 2009 at 7:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

judyfaye
Limited Member

Tom Jones,tore down my Monkees posters that day and have been smitten ever since.

October 8, 2009 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom F

If i'm honest the first film I ever saw David Warner in was Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze. However, I was but a child and as a teenager the first performance of his that greatly affected me was in Straw Dogs.  

October 15, 2009 at 6:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Stu Green
Site Owner

It Was Nightwing For me, caught it on BBC1 late night around 1987, then Waxwork a few years later on vhs, then became a fan as David would pop up in loads of stuff and I would catch up on his previous work.

November 3, 2009 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isabelle
Limited Member

As for me , I think the first one was "Time bandits" , probably "Masada" also in the eighties... then "Straw dogs" . But as a matter of fact there has been "Holocaust" too in the seventies ! I became a fan later on, with "The Ballad of Cable Hogue" .

November 8, 2009 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Annette
Limited Member

The first I saw was "The Ballad of Cable Hogue". Then "Time after Time" which really got me interested in him as a performer.

December 13, 2009 at 7:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James
Limited Member

First movie was Time Bandits when I was 10. Brilliant. I had followed his movie career ever since. 

December 18, 2009 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Annette
Limited Member

I have never seen Time Bandits...one of those movies you hear a lot about but never get around to seeing. They certainly do not put it on TV...in Australia anyway.

Might be time for me to rent the DVD.

December 18, 2009 at 7:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vader1
Limited Member

Time After Time

--

Gary 'Vader"

January 2, 2010 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Colonel Osborne
Limited Member

The Omen, which still gives me the creeps :O 

January 8, 2010 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marganne
Limited Member

I think "Time after time" ; I love this film but I can't find it on DVD and it's never broadcast on the french TV

June 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

Marganne at June 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I think "Time after time" ; I love this film but I can't find it on DVD and it's never broadcast on the french TV

Hi Marganne! You should try it on amazon.com. I also bought the DVD there! Hopefully i could help you.

Kindest regards

Mickey P.

August 9, 2010 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

I first saw him in Time After Time.  I   this movie!  I was so entertained by this movie, that I actually watched it a second time that same month!  (We have a movie channel here called HBO and back then, they repeated movies throughout the whole month). In fact, it's available on Netflix to "Watch Now" rather than wait for the DVD to come by snail mail, so I watched it again for the 99 millionth time. lol

Since then, I've seen him in A Midsummer Night's Dream, A Christmas Carol and My Best Friend is a Vampire, as well as Titanic.  I'm currently  trying to gather up the courage to watch Straw Dogs.  

August 22, 2010 at 2:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Christopher
Limited Member

"Time After Time" was my first introduction to him. 

I next found him in "Time Bandits",  "The Omen" and then "TRON".   "Nightwing" was also an instant classic for me as well as "Waxwork"...loved him in that one. 

September 1, 2010 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

Yes, I also know all these movies. Great performance! The latest and really hilarious movie I saw, was "The league of gentlemen´s apocalypse". I could hardly stop laughing!!!! He played Dr. Erasmus Pea. This man is a natural at comedy!

--

September 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Isabelle
Limited Member

CherylSaynHi at August 22, 2010 at 2:50 AM

I first saw him in Time After Time.  I   this movie!  I was so entertained by this movie, that I actually watched it a second time that same month!  (We have a movie channel here called HBO and back then, they repeated movies throughout the whole month). In fact, it's available on Netflix to "Watch Now" rather than wait for the DVD to come by snail mail, so I watched it again for the 99 millionth time. lol

Since then, I've seen him in A Midsummer Night's Dream, A Christmas Carol and My Best Friend is a Vampire, as well as Titanic.  I'm currently  trying to gather up the courage to watch Straw Dogs.  

You absolutely must watch "Straw dogs "  . Warner is great in all Peckinpah's films anyway ... these are among the best films he's done , I guess .

September 2, 2010 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

moonbarrett
Limited Member

Keep in mind that I am only 20 years old, haha--the first movie I saw him in was Time Bandits when I was seven years old. I have always loved that character!

September 3, 2010 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isabelle
Limited Member

C'mon ! When I was 20 ( in another century) we had to wait for the telly to offer some good films on only 4 rotten channels or so ...yet "Straw dogs" I saw in a cinema , catching some rerun by chance in the 80ies...I'm sure your generation can do better than that ; ) . Now most of Warner's film I watched are on dvd I bought from amazon and priceminister ( very cheap)...the problem is that many are in zone 1,like "Time after time",  so I must be careful when I order some .

P.S. yes I'm 47 which means I was already born when"Time bandits " was filmed, OMG , and even for "Morgan, a suitable case for treatment" !!!!!!...you make me feel OOOOOLD !!!!

September 3, 2010 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isabelle
Limited Member

sorry I chose such big letters : I did not intend to shout at you , I just thought it'd look nicer : (  next time I'll be more careful or change the colors ...

September 3, 2010 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

moonbarrett
Limited Member

Hahaha, I wish I was around when Morgan was being made! That seemed like the time I should have been born in!

I never intended to make you feel old, because 47 is NOT old! :D 

September 5, 2010 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.