Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > David Warner Films > David warner for a knighthood!

David B
Limited Member

Look at his contribution to the Film industry and the Arts, is he going to be overlooked like Niven, mason and Howard? He TOTALLY deserves it.

--
December 30, 2010 at 3:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

Actually, I agree with it. I think he deserves the recognition.  He's way too overlooked.  I have thought about the same thing - recommending him for Knighthood - but I think that's essentially up to The Queen.  I don't think people make recommendations to her.  As humble as he is, I'm not sure if he would go for it, but I think he would feel honored that someone thought to make such a gesture on his behalf.  Of course, I don't know him beans from Adam - I'm guessing; however, I think he would really appreciate it.

--

December 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deemes
Limited Member

That would be fantastic. "Sir David Warner"--has a nice ring!

But if not a knighthood, why not even an OBE?  He's made countless contribution to English entertainment--and, was he not THE Hamlet of his day?

December 31, 2010 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

e.lena
Limited Member

I agree! He is Knight in his heart! So he must be Sir really.

January 6, 2011 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

I think one way we can do it is to write to the Queen and ask her what her opinion is, and if she has she seen (X, Y, Z) movie of his, etc.  I think that would at least get the proverbial ball rolling in the right direction.  I think it's worth a shot...  What do you all think? 

--

January 8, 2011 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

e.lena
Limited Member

May this topic help? http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/126906.html

January 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Swift
Limited Member

I've gotten the impression from interviews that he's not a big fan of awards at all, so while I'm sure it'd be flattering it doesn't seem like something he'd go for.

Disclaimer: As versed as I am in gleaning information from interviews, this is speculation so take it with a grain of salt. Or possibly a heaping bag of it.

January 13, 2011 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

e.lena
Limited Member

You are right, he is not a fan of awards, but he is a big artist, no doubt. And logically deserves to be Sir de jure, not only de facto)

January 14, 2011 at 8:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

Swift at January 13, 2011 at 7:06 AM

I've gotten the impression from interviews that he's not a big fan of awards at all, so while I'm sure it'd be flattering it doesn't seem like something he'd go for.

Disclaimer: As versed as I am in gleaning information from interviews, this is speculation so take it with a grain of salt. Or possibly a heaping bag of it.

Hi Swift. You´re definetely right. I think, he just tries to make a good job, nothing else. I also heard and read interviews where he told about his opinion about awards. He used to do his job like any other people in the world do their´s. That´s absolutely ok.

Carry on doing your thing, David!!!! That´s what we want to see!

--

January 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Swift
Limited Member

I wouldn't object to him being knighted, obviously. But if I were going to campaign for something, it would be for more awesome roles. (Personally I'd really like to see him get a guest starring role on Chuck at least once. Also, Doctor Who of course.)

January 15, 2011 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.