Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Meeting David Warner was HEAVENLY!

CherylSaynHi

I got to see him - not once - not twice - but six times! LOL! I left my house at 5:00 a.m. and got there at around 9:30 a.m. The first time I saw him was before everything started - before the signing room opened, etc. I was walking and talking with one of my friends, when I saw David coming from a mile away, too! LOL All I could do was smile at him... lol Like I said, I get bashful and start smiling. He looked up, saw me smiling at him, and smiled back at me! (Of course, that just melted me...lol).

The second time was the signing room. I made a bee-line for his table. Swift and I were joking about "let's see who makes it there first!" lol As soon as we walked up, David lit up and said, "Well, hello!" I then mentioned that I come to this site often and he asked me what my name was on here, and if I had a picture, to which I replied, "yes!" He then asked me what my name was and I told him, "CherylSaynHi." Then I pointed over to Swift and said, "And that's Switft!" (BTW - Swift is a very fun person - so glad we were able to meet up)! David had talked about how at first, he never even knew the site existed - a friend had pointed it out to him. (I never knew that). He also went on to say that he stops by the site and mentioned that he can't really post any messages personally though he would love to. I forget why he said - I was too busy thinking, "God, I love his voice...." I missed it. Sorry. :( He also asked me to pass on that he reallys appreciates everyone stopping by the site and also said that we, along with Stu, have made the site great. :) (I'm praphrasing, as I was in too much shock and awe. lol) I told him I would definitely do so, so here I am. :)

The third time I saw him was when I went back a few minutes later... LOL! My fault - I had forgotten the first time to give him a letter I had written him (it's hard for me to get to the Post Office with my weird work hours), and also to give him a bracelet I had hand-made for him.I made a matching one for myself, and have been wearing it the past year now. LOL He liked it so much he asked me to tie it onto his wrist! I GOT TO TIE A BRACELET ONTO DAVID WARNER'S WRIST, YOU GUYS!!!!! Woot! Woot! :D I also mentioned that "Mickey, Cadogan, Caroline, et al all wanted me to tell you they said, 'hello'." He says "hello" back! :)

The fourth time I saw him was a couple hours later, at the photo op. It was funny - Swift and I were first in line - as always. lol David walks up, and asks, referring to the line of people waiting to take their photo with him, "Is this for me?" LOL Swift went first, then I did. As I was walking up to have my picture taken with David, I was getting all shy again... David bursted out with a friendly "Helloooooo..." then with a *JOKINGLY* annoyed, "...AGAINNNN!" Everyone in the room laughed, and so did I - that was hilarious! :) He wrapped his left arm around me, leaned his head on mine, (of course I wrapped my arm around his waist and leaned my head into his.... hee-hee) and the pic was taken. (Yes they used flash - that's all I'm saying). He then gave me a friendly pat on my shoulder, I patted his back, and told him, "thank you." The pic turned out great and this is a day I will remember and keep in my heart the rest of my life as THE BEST DAY EVER! You just don't know how special this day was for me - I am so grateful. :)

Below are the pics :) (I'm going to link them because I'm having issues posting pics here for some reason.

My Autograph, signed, "Lots of Love." :)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/88152

The "Away Mission: Orlando" envelope, photo op ticket and schedule

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/b4b71

My Photo Op ticket, up close

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/a1580

The hand made bracelet:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/b2154

And finally, the Pièce de résistance - the photo of David and I, together! (Best Day Ever)! :)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/be207

--

October 29, 2011 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

I must have looked at these pictures a thousand times already! :)

--

October 29, 2011 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Heather
Limited Member

Wow! Just wow! OMG you are sooooo lucky. I'm stuck in England with no money and no passport so there was no way I would have been able to go. Glad you got to meet Himself though :)

October 30, 2011 at 5:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

CherylSaynHi at October 29, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I got to see him - not once - not twice - but six times! LOL! I left my house at 5:00 a.m. and got there at around 9:30 a.m. The first time I saw him was before everything started - before the signing room opened, etc. I was walking and talking with one of my friends, when I saw David coming from a mile away, too! LOL All I could do was smile at him... lol Like I said, I get bashful and start smiling. He looked up, saw me smiling at him, and smiled back at me! (Of course, that just melted me...lol).

The second time was the signing room. I made a bee-line for his table. Swift and I were joking about "let's see who makes it there first!" lol As soon as we walked up, David lit up and said, "Well, hello!" I then mentioned that I come to this site often and he asked me what my name was on here, and if I had a picture, to which I replied, "yes!" He then asked me what my name was and I told him, "CherylSaynHi." Then I pointed over to Swift and said, "And that's Switft!" (BTW - Swift is a very fun person - so glad we were able to meet up)! David had talked about how at first, he never even knew the site existed - a friend had pointed it out to him. (I never knew that). He also went on to say that he stops by the site and mentioned that he can't really post any messages personally though he would love to. I forget why he said - I was too busy thinking, "God, I love his voice...." I missed it. Sorry. :( He also asked me to pass on that he reallys appreciates everyone stopping by the site and also said that we, along with Stu, have made the site great. :) (I'm praphrasing, as I was in too much shock and awe. lol) I told him I would definitely do so, so here I am. :)

The third time I saw him was when I went back a few minutes later... LOL! My fault - I had forgotten the first time to give him a letter I had written him (it's hard for me to get to the Post Office with my weird work hours), and also to give him a bracelet I had hand-made for him.I made a matching one for myself, and have been wearing it the past year now. LOL He liked it so much he asked me to tie it onto his wrist! I GOT TO TIE A BRACELET ONTO DAVID WARNER'S WRIST, YOU GUYS!!!!! Woot! Woot! :D I also mentioned that "Mickey, Cadogan, Caroline, et al all wanted me to tell you they said, 'hello'." He says "hello" back! :)

The fourth time I saw him was a couple hours later, at the photo op. It was funny - Swift and I were first in line - as always. lol David walks up, and asks, referring to the line of people waiting to take their photo with him, "Is this for me?" LOL Swift went first, then I did. As I was walking up to have my picture taken with David, I was getting all shy again... David bursted out with a friendly "Helloooooo..." then with a *JOKINGLY* annoyed, "...AGAINNNN!" Everyone in the room laughed, and so did I - that was hilarious! :) He wrapped his left arm around me, leaned his head on mine, (of course I wrapped my arm around his waist and leaned my head into his.... hee-hee) and the pic was taken. (Yes they used flash - that's all I'm saying). He then gave me a friendly pat on my shoulder, I patted his back, and told him, "thank you." The pic turned out great and this is a day I will remember and keep in my heart the rest of my life as THE BEST DAY EVER! You just don't know how special this day was for me - I am so grateful. :)

Below are the pics :) (I'm going to link them because I'm having issues posting pics here for some reason.

The hand made bracelet:

And finally, the Pièce de résistance - the photo of David and I, together! (Best Day Ever)! :)

Hi sweetie!!!! OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that pic adorable!!!!!!!! :) You and David!!! WOW!!! You both are really sweet!!!!! And he took his arm around you!!!! *sigh* *melting away* LOL  And he signed "Lots of love" on his photo!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! :) BTW, the reason why David cannot post massages personally in here is, that he has to become  a member of the site!!! I tried it, too, before I became a member to post something. It didn´t work, though.

Hi David!

If you ever will read this, now you know what to do!!!!!!!!!! :) Otherwise you should ask Stu about this, if there´s another opportunity! Would be very nice to say "Hello" to you quite personally!!!!!! :)       Best wishes :)   Mickey :)

And thankyou so much that you didn´t forget my greetings to him!!!!!!!!!!! :) That´s so kind!!!!! HUG YOU, girl!!!!!!!!!!! :) I won´t give up hoping, that I will meet him someday, too.!!!! I´d like to get such a wonderful pic as well!!!! :) LOL

However, this will be an unforgetable day for you for eternity!!!! I´m so happy for you, Cheryl!! :)

--

October 30, 2011 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Swift
Limited Member

Ive only been home a few hours and I'm still oh-so-sleep-deprived right now, so I apologize for any incoherence in my post. (Seriously, I was up for over 24 hours yesterday and already running on minimal sleep. I didn't get home until 6:30 AM and I literally jumped straight into bed, still dressed.)

I only spoke to him a total of four times because once I had my autograph done, it was hard to make myself walk up to the table, and also I didn't want to seem like a creeper or deter more people with actual money, but ho man.

I'm fairly sure that Cheryl and I were the very first ones to get to his signing table that morning. I got a poster from Time After Time signed, which I had Malcolm McDowell sign a few weeks ago. I was so flustered I can't remember exactly what was said, except I told him about meeting Malcolm at Spooky Empire and how he said to give David his best, I said something about loving so much of his stuff like Cable Hogue, and he mentioned that it was one of his favorites... which is part of why I watched it, though I didn't mention that. He thanked me for being on the website too and whatnot. My roommate was next, and she was getting the cover of her Christmas Carol DVD signed, and when he saw that he looked at us and said something like "You do know you're at a Star Trek convention right?" He and Elly talked some about how good George C. Scott was in that movie, and we also kind of explained how we figured he probably would be sick of signing Star Trek and Tron stuff and this (meaning A Christmas Carol and  was important to us and that kind of thing.

I'm sure we probably exchanged a few words at the photo op, but frankly I was so nervous and tongue-tied then that it wasn't anything really substantial.

After Cheryl had to leave, most of the panels didn't really interest me or Elly, or they overlapped with something else we'd rather do, so we spent most of the day either walking the dealers room and trying not to buy stuff, or else hovering in the middle of the signing room. The only other time I went up to his table was to apologize if it seemed like I was stalking him because we were hovering so much. He was very sweet and told me not to worry about, as long as I wasn't hanging outside his room or something. XD

The last David Warner related thing we did was the panel. He opened the floor up for questions. It was an hour long, so I can't recount everything here, but someone was recording it in back so hopefully it will be posted somewhere online. Highlights for me: Elly got up to ask a question at one point, and David commented that they had been having lovely chats all day, or something to that effect.

Possibly the best thing of the day for me was that Freakazoid was brought up, and he talked about how it was one of his favorite voice-acting or animated roles (unfortunately I can't recall which) and he started to actually sing a bit of this song on stage! I kind of lost my mind at that point, it was so amazing you guys. I'm so sorry you missed the panel Cheryl. :[ Hope we get to hang out again because it was a lot of fun.

I won't go into details about the rest of the day, except to mention that after the con, Elly and I made a detour over to Tampa on the way home and we both lost our Rocky Horror Picture Show shadowcast virginity after being fans of the movie for roughly ten years. It was a-freakin'-mazing and the best possible end to that day.

I have to work in about four hours and I think I've had a total of maybe 13 hours of sleep in the last 3 days but it was all so worth it.

ETA: I forgot to mention, I don't have a scanner so I'll have to get a camera or something to show my stuff if I can. Also, apologies for the word vomit. x_x I didn't realize the post had gotten this long. Whoops.

October 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi
He sang?! I missed it! :( sniff. I love his singing! I made his "Oh What a Day" song from Hansel and Gretle into my ringtone... hehehe
--

October 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Swift
Limited Member

Well, I mean it was literally about one line before he was like "That's enough of that." or something. Apparently he thinks he can't sing which is a BLATANT LIE.

October 30, 2011 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

Michaela at October 30, 2011 at 7:34 AM

The hand made bracelet:

Hi sweetie!!!! OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that pic adorable!!!!!!!! :) You and David!!! WOW!!! You both are really sweet!!!!! And he took his arm around you!!!! *sigh* *melting away* LOL  And he signed "Lots of love" on his photo!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! :) BTW, the reason why David cannot post massages personally in here is, that he has to become  a member of the site!!! I tried it, too, before I became a member to post something. It didn´t work, though.

Hi David!

If you ever will read this, now you know what to do!!!!!!!!!! :) Otherwise you should ask Stu about this, if there´s another opportunity! Would be very nice to say "Hello" to you quite personally!!!!!! :)       Best wishes :)   Mickey :)

And thankyou so much that you didn´t forget my greetings to him!!!!!!!!!!! :) That´s so kind!!!!! HUG YOU, girl!!!!!!!!!!! :) I won´t give up hoping, that I will meet him someday, too.!!!! I´d like to get such a wonderful pic as well!!!! :) LOL

However, this will be an unforgetable day for you for eternity!!!! I´m so happy for you, Cheryl!! :)

You're quite welcome, Mickey! :) I keep thinking back to that moment (arm around me, head on mine), and I just smile the warmest smile. ...And melt. lol :) I didn't mean to give a blow-by-blow report of my "Day of David," (lol), but I'm just excited and happy. BTW, Swift, nice to see you... AGAIN! ;) lol. That was too funny when he did that... Your room mate was hilarious - loved his Barney (from The Simpsons) immitation. lol :) Mickey, I think the reason for him not posting on here would be that he wouldn't be able to write back to every single private message he would receive (don't quote me on that).
--

October 30, 2011 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

Heather at October 30, 2011 at 5:00 AM

Wow! Just wow! OMG you are sooooo lucky. I'm stuck in England with no money and no passport so there was no way I would have been able to go. Glad you got to meet Himself though :)

Hiya, Heather! *waves* I FEEL lucky! :) He is just the sweetest gentleman... He does conventions in England, as well. You should keep checking the site. Seems he has one to go to every month or every other month or so - he stays busy! :)
--

October 30, 2011 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

CherylSaynHi at October 30, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Heather at October 30, 2011 at 5:00 AM

Hiya, Heather! *waves* I FEEL lucky! :) He is just the sweetest gentleman... He does conventions in England, as well. You should keep checking the site. Seems he has one to go to every month or every other month or so - he stays busy! :)

Good to know!!!!!! :) Maybe a chance for me to see him, though!! Hehe!! :) UK isn´t that far away from here. 1 1/2 h by plane. That´s ok and not so expensive. :)

--

October 31, 2011 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

CherylSaynHi at October 30, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Michaela at October 30, 2011 at 7:34 AM

The hand made bracelet:

Hi David!

You're quite welcome, Mickey! :) I keep thinking back to that moment (arm around me, head on mine), and I just smile the warmest smile. ...And melt. lol :) I didn't mean to give a blow-by-blow report of my "Day of David," (lol), but I'm just excited and happy. BTW, Swift, nice to see you... AGAIN! ;) lol. That was too funny when he did that... Your room mate was hilarious - loved his Barney (from The Simpsons) immitation. lol :) Mickey, I think the reason for him not posting on here would be that he wouldn't be able to write back to every single private message he would receive (don't quote me on that).

Well, you could be right in this case, but who knows, maybe he does, though. Would be great to have a privat massage from David in my inbox!!! *dreamy* LOL :)

--

October 31, 2011 at 9:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ronnola
Limited Member

Cheryl and Swift, I'm so glad for you! :)

October 31, 2011 at 11:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

Ronnola at October 31, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Cheryl and Swift, I'm so glad for you! :)

Thanks, Ronnola! I put the pic of us together as my iPhone's wallpaper. :) So now, every time I go to do something on my phone, I'll see that picture. :) I just hope David makes it home safely. ♥
--

October 31, 2011 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caroline Cureton
Limited Member

Hi Cheryl, thank you sooo much for saying Hello to David for me!!!!!!!!!! Hi Swift!!!!!!!!! A dream come true, iam so happy that you met him:) Thank you for sharing it with us, both of you! And am so glad that he has met you, true fans who really appreciate him. Love the pics,thanks for sharing them too!!!!!!!!! :)I was wondering how you got on, i was so excited for you.So thankyou again!!!Its really great to know he visits the site, and it would be a dream come true for me if i could send him a personal message.He surely would be kept busy with us lot;)   Hope you catch up on your sleep, its a good nite from me!!!!!!!!!!!!:)              

--
October 31, 2011 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi
Hi, Caroline!  I tried to remember everyone who asked me to tell him, "Hi," and I got tongue-tied a couple of times lol.  I find myself remembering more and more events from that day, as when I came home, I was still on an "emotional high," if you will, so it was all a blurr lol.  He was one tall drink of water, too! He has to be at least 6' 3" or 6' 4"!  He truly is adorable, charming, and such a sweet gentleman. He was soooo sweet to me, and all his fans. :) I have shown everyone I know both of the pictures - the autograph and the pic with him - I'm so proud of them! :)
--

November 2, 2011 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Swift
Limited Member

Wa-hey, I found some pictures from the panel here. I'm visible in the first picture, omg. I'm wearing Chucks and inexplicably looking at the floor. Anyway, the pictures are great; you can really see how animated he got telling some of the stories. :]

Been hunting for video of the panel like crazy, but no luck thus far.

Did find a little story from the con at this blog though. It's about the showing of Time After Time which unfortunately we all missed. T_T Would probably have asked for more time off Friday had I known about it sooner... Oh well.

November 2, 2011 at 2:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caroline Cureton
Limited Member

Hi Cheryl, you did well to remember anything! Idont know what i would be like, and yes its great to hear that he was sweet to you! Sometimes you hear of people who have met their idols only to be greatly disappointed!!!!!! Iam so happy  that you got to meet him, i take it your on a high!!LOL:)

November 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

Caroline Cureton at November 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Hi Cheryl, you did well to remember anything! Idont know what i would be like, and yes its great to hear that he was sweet to you! Sometimes you hear of people who have met their idols only to be greatly disappointed!!!!!! Iam so happy  that you got to meet him, i take it your on a high!!LOL:)

LOL true! I had so many things I wanted to tell him. I wanted to say so many things... How much I love his work, how great I think he is, how much he means to me, etc. I let my shyness get the best of me. I guess he saw all that in my letter though. But still - I wanted to say it in person. It's silly but yes, I'm still on Cloud 9 from the whole experience. lol. What this man means to me... Be still, my heart! :) ♥ Awesome links, Swift! It's cool that you're in the first picture.
--

November 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Swift
Limited Member

CherylSaynHi at November 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM

LOL true! I had so many things I wanted to tell him. I wanted to say so many things... How much I love his work, how great I think he is, how much he means to me, etc. I let my shyness get the best of me. I guess he saw all that in my letter though. But still - I wanted to say it in person. It's silly but yes, I'm still on Cloud 9 from the whole experience. lol. What this man means to me... Be still, my heart! :) ♥ Awesome links, Swift! It's cool that you're in the first picture.

Ugh, I'm so mad at myself for not thinking of doing that, because omg I turn incoherent in the presence of anyone I have respect for. It's sort of ridiculous. I already decided on the drive back that I'm going to write him a letter, but have been a bit busy with work and catching up on sleep.

You did really well though in person, even if you didn't say everything you wanted to, and unlike some folks you actually planned ahead.

November 3, 2011 at 2:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

Swift at November 3, 2011 at 2:12 AM

CherylSaynHi at November 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Ugh, I'm so mad at myself for not thinking of doing that, because omg I turn incoherent in the presence of anyone I have respect for. It's sort of ridiculous. I already decided on the drive back that I'm going to write him a letter, but have been a bit busy with work and catching up on sleep.

You did really well though in person, even if you didn't say everything you wanted to, and unlike some folks you actually planned ahead.

I know what you mean by turning incoherant. There were a couple of times when he was talking to me that I was like @_@ and thinking, "Please talk forever. I love your voice..." I guess I hide my nervousness well then because I was a bundle of nerves! LOL I planned ahead? Well, as far as bringing the letter and bracelet with me, and my phone for pics and video (that I never took) I guess I planned that. Otherwise, one of my friends was going to have to mail it for me, being my work schedule is wacky. I think you did well to get both Malcolm's AND David's autograph on the Time After Time poster. Now you have both your idol's autographs! That is awesome! :) I had to return the rental car today. :( I got misty eyed lol. Not only was it a great little car, but it was part of an awesome, special weekend that I'll never forget for as long as I live. Are you still wearing your convention bracelet? It may sound silly but I'm still wearing mine lol. You and I definitely need to meet up again, too. You're a riot! LOL
--

November 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.