Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > David Warner Films > My short tribute to David Warner.

lriemann
Limited Member

https://thisboysmind.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/the-omen-personified-a-tribute-to-david-warner/

June 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

princess1921
Limited Member
Aw, that's a nice tribute and it has my two favorite films--The Omen and Titanic. Both films, David played fun characters. My favorite character of David's would have to be Lovejoy, because by the end of the film, you could tell he had grown tired of Cal, lol. Anyway. Its a nice tribute and everything you said about David and his career is so true. His work is so inspiring to up and coming actors and even film directors like myself. :)
--

June 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CherylSaynHi

Bravo! Well-written!

--

June 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Stu Green
Site Owner

Great Write up Ron!

June 20, 2012 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

Oh yeah! Really well done!!! :)

--

June 23, 2012 at 1:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Susan
Limited Member

I agree, David Warner plays the most awesome villains and was a good choice to make Malcolm ("is HE Red John?") McDowell seem like a good guy by comparison, but they're the kind of villains you love to love! Seriously, David Warner is a brilliant actor, and I enjoy seeing him play bad guys, but he's played a lot of memorable good guys (Bob Cratchit) and likable anti-heroes (Morgan, Konstantin in The Sea Gull, Lysander in Midsummer Night's Dream, Henry Niles in Straw Dogs ...), and even in The Omen he was a believable good guy. I just think he kind of outdid himself and made a lasting impression in Time After Time, and, with that coming on the heels of an Emmy nomination for The Holocaust, he got typecast. (He should've gotten an Oscar for Time After Time to make up for it!)

Personally, although Time After Time was the first film I ever saw him in--and immediately became a fan--I never confused the actor with the person. (Although Jack the Ripper has reappeared to haunt him in at least two cable-TV series he's done now; the writers were lucky he agreed to take the roles in those shows because the irony hinged on his connection to the character!)

Funny story: Years ago I was in a college class on Web design, and it happened to be David Warner's birthday, and a bunch of us were in a chatroom celebrating ... and the teacher came around and caught me. So I explained what I was doing expecting to get in trouble, and I couldn't believe he was all like, "Oh wow, David Warner--he plays Ra's al Ghul on Batman. He's great!" So I told him we were discussing which David Warner villain you'd most like to be killed by and why, and I loved his answer: "Definitely Jack the Ripper. Because you know David Warner would never really hurt you."

--

"I've gone all furry!"

November 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Susan
Limited Member

P.S. I guess I'm trying to say he's more of a cool bad guy than a scary bad guy! :)

--

"I've gone all furry!"

November 22, 2014 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.