Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > David Warner Films > Autograph success

timetravellingripper
Limited Member

Had a through the mail success with David Warner today (sent to his agents address). So pleased! He signed my Time After Time Exhibitors Handbook, an 8/10 photo of him from Time after Time and sent me a hand written letter answering my questions on working on the film. All to be framed and put on my wall!

What a great guy! Does anyone know when David will next be signing at any autograph shows. Would love to meet him and get a picture.

Time Travel Ripper :)

January 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

timetravellingripper at January 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Had a through the mail success with David Warner today (sent to his agents address). So pleased! He signed my Time After Time Exhibitors Handbook, an 8/10 photo of him from Time after Time and sent me a hand written letter answering my questions on working on the film. All to be framed and put on my wall!

What a great guy! Does anyone know when David will next be signing at any autograph shows. Would love to meet him and get a picture.

Time Travel Ripper :)

Hi there!!! Congrats to you!!!!  :) He really is a wonderful man!!!! I´ve once sent him 2 letters. With the first I asked him for a signed pic of him and he did it. With the second I´ve sent a few of my DVD-Covers to be signed and he also did it for me!!!!! I was so happy about that!!! Would like to know as well, when his next appearance takes place. Maybe I´m able to come over for that and if I´m lucky enough, he will have a little talk with me. Would be so great!!!! :)

--

January 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

timetravellingripper
Limited Member

fantastic! I'm still waiting for him to do a convention appearence-would be great as I have an original script of Time after Time I'd love him to sign. How long have you love David Warner for?

January 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela
Limited Member

timetravellingripper at January 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM

fantastic! I'm still waiting for him to do a convention appearence-would be great as I have an original script of Time after Time I'd love him to sign. How long have you love David Warner for?

OMG!!! For a very long time!!!  Well, to be honest, I adore that wonderful man and actor for about 16 years now (I´m not that old yet, so for me it is a long time!!!!! lol).Time after Time is also one of my favourite movies he was involved. Of course, there are so many other great roles he had played such as "Morgan" or Chancellor Gorkon in Star Trek. The biggest highlight, however, would be to meet him, as I mentioned. And how long have you love him for? :)

--

January 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RoJoBa
Limited Member

I am guessing this is the most relevant area so could someone give me an idea what the fee for his autograph is in American currency?

February 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BrokenLevel
Limited Member

The price he usually charges at cons ranges from 50-30USD.

February 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Susan
Limited Member

Wow, things have changed. I've never paid for an autograph in my life! I remember a Star Trek convention where William Shatner was charging $60 for an autograph and thought that was a bit mercenary at the time; I got James Doohan's autograph and didn't have to pay for it. But that was before everybody started selling autographs on eBay and ruined it for the rest of us, I guess. A friend of mine went to see Geoffrey Rush in "Exit the King" on Broadway on closing night after he won the Tony, and he was mobbed by autograph seekers, and she was appalled by one (and she said he seemed taken aback too) by one who handed him a whole pile of Playbills to sign. My own cousin did the same thing (sort of--she only got one) when we went to see Mackenzie Crook in "The Sea Gull," and I was disgusted with her for getting Kristen Scott Thomas's autograph with the sole intention of selling it on eBay! I guess that's why David Warner got so defensive when I tried to compliment him on his King Lear! You must meet so many phonies in show business. I'm sure I couldn't handle it. Maybe I'm lucky I never achieved my childhood goal of becoming an actress.

--

"I've gone all furry!"

November 22, 2014 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.